BIG NEWS — It is official Wood Boiler E4 is EPA Phase 2 qualified! Get your order in today !
After three years of testing and development, Wood Boilers first production high efficiency gasification type boiler is in production.
We have finished the testing phase with excellent results.
Output rating: 161,455 BTU/HR
8-Hour Output Rating: 77,308 BTU/HR
Our EPA testing results confirmed that our emissions are only 4.5 GRAMS/HR (average) and only 0.25 pounds per 1 million BTU of output.
* Performance may vary due to heating requirements, proper sizing of boiler to home, and owner operation. Follow the operator’s manual and burn only dry seasoned wood.
Tested with EPA’s Method 28 WHH (revision 8/18/2011)
Get in on this special pricing. This offer is for a limited time:
E4 Boiler only $7999
E4 Boiler with Economy Install Kit $8750
1. Thermo statically controlled intake multi-direction intake tube
2. Patent pending instant off technology – the E4 uses our patent pending technology for
terminating fire in nearly an instant fashion reducing the emission and
harvesting nearly every drop of energy.
3. The unique octatop shaped burn chamber with down draft secondary burn chamber
4. Large water filled door for increased efficiency and easy loading 24″x 24″ door opening
5. Large Capacity Water Jacket (448 gallons) provides balanced heat storage to wood supply and heat available
6. Bypass Exhaust allows safe and easy refill
7. Electronic Digital thermostatic control
8. Four pass heat extraction reducing exhaust temperatures to safe touchable level
9. Easy access to front and rear exhaust system for easy cleaning
10. Virtually no smoke
11. Burn Chamber approximately 30x30x36 accepts wood pieces 24″ long
12. See boiler in operation at the Lebanon Production Facility. It is heating the entire facility.
Gasification is a process that converts carbonaceous materials (such as wood), into the simpler elements carbon monoxide and hydrogen by reacting the raw material at high temperatures. In gasification wood boilers the wood gases don’t just go up and out the chimney, as is the case with standard wood boilers. Instead, the reaction is continued and the emitted woodgas is superheated and mixed with air resulting in complete combustion. The heat is then transferred to a boiler for efficient distribution. An additional benefit of the gasification process is that the complete combustion leaves little or no ash.
Dual combustion chambers – In these systems, the gases flow down through the fire into a secondary chamber where firebrick (or a ceramic material) creates the superheated environment necessary to complete the efficient combustion process. Keeping this secondary chamber at high temperatures is key to the performance of the overall system, hence the need for one continuous burn so that this chamber does not cool and lower the boiler efficiency.
Our patent pending instant off technology terminates air flow in and air flow out in nearly an instant fashion reducing the emission and
harvesting nearly every drop of energy.
If you are researching a purchase of a wood boiler, the bottom line is that wood gasification boilers that provide complete combustion are better than traditional water-jacketed wood boilers. Some key points to take away from this article include:
- In general, gasification is very efficient in extracting energy from different types of organic materials, including wood.
- Extremely high combustion efficiency is obtained by gasification, thereby creating minimal emissions.
- With respect to wood boilers, wood gasification means:
- Less wood is required,
- Significantly lower emissions/smoke, and
- Less ash.
EPA Phase 2 qualification testing completed. After years of fine tuning and rigorous testing, the boiler is available for forsale, the emissions are extremely low. Our EPA testing results confirmed that our emissions are only 0.25 pounds per 1 million BTU of output.
Additional Photos of Production Units